I build things to make the web a better experience.
I’m Blake – an NYC-based software engineer dedicated to his craft that seeks to build better web experiences.
While I often do full-stack web development, I primarily focus on the front-end. I’m most interested in design systems and functional programming. I always enjoy reading about emerging developments in these fields and researching how I can leverage them to create better software experiences.
When I’m not at my desk coding, you can find me at the espresso machine practicing my latte art.
Front End Engineer
Aug 2023 - Present
- Currently building exciting web3 experiences.
Senior Software Engineer II
Jun 2022 - Aug 2023
- Technical Lead for an application that managed kitchen tasks and operations to scale Wonder's culinary manufacturing process and capture feedback to validate their R&D recipes.
Senior Software Engineer I
Oct 2020 - Jun 2022
- Led front-end development for a tier 1 web application and implemented large features that improved the efficiency and accuracy of our food preparation process.
- Architected and developed a constraint-based design system containing shared React components and platform-agnostic design tokens.
- Created a front-end template repo and published internal NPM packages that encouraged uniform best practices and design patterns across 8 of our application teams.
Senior Software Engineer
Oct 2020 - Jun 2022 ・ Freelance
- Integrated Stripe into the web application to enable payments by ACH debits and credit cards.
- Consulted on technical design choices and implemented various key features.
Software Engineer III
Intelligent Retail Lab
Mar 2018 - Oct 2020
- Implemented, tested, and maintained microservices and web applications to drive innovation at Walmart's in-store AI lab.
- Architected a comprehensive constraint-based design system to vastly improve the velocity of all front-end engineers at IRL.
- Developed a service to convert real-time RTSP video to HLS and serve it to the web client with only a 3 second delay.
- Designed an internal React library for sharing state between browser windows to enable multi-window web application capabilities.
Software Engineering Intern
Jan 2017 - Dec 2017
- Built a visualization tool for Jet's internal telemetry logging system using Typescript, React, and D3.
- Developed an Angular 4 front-end from the ground up for a new internal tool that shows divergence between Event Store clusters.
- Implemented real-time notifications in the catalog management web application using SignalR, RxJS Observables, and F# microservices.
- Rewrote the authentication system for the catalog management web application using Node.js and Passport.js.
- Built a micro-scale version of the Jet.com website to demonstrate system architecture for new hires (front-end in Angular 2, back-end in Web API 2.2 using F#).
- Developed and deployed production level features to customer service, order management, and catalog management web applications.
Technical Intern II
Jan 2016 - Aug 2016
- Developed a web-based interface for a codebase health and metrics tool.
- Implemented and tested embedded software for Software Defined Radios.
- Used scrum and continuous integration to improve projects.
- Set up, deployed, and maintained a server cabinet.
Bachelors of Engineering
Aug 2014 - May 2019 ・ Co-op Program
- President and Co-Founder of Software Engineering Club
- Technology Director for Duckhacks Hackathon
- Alpha Phi Omega Service Fraternity